Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yesterday was like a hurricane

The wind was so distracting and so high, it added an element of anxiety I couldn't overcome, so I really could not paint. A lot of the anxiety was
over whether or not the winds would take down trees along our property line and hit the house and our power line to the house... a worry that I am happy to say did not occur. But later in the evening and this morning
I made up some time by doing a wig cap for the new doll's head. (I am calling her Geneva.) A wig cap is a piece of woven interfacing moulded
against the head crown and then sized with glue. It is useful when you want to have a removable head of hair for your doll. In this case I did, because I couldn't paint her face yesterday, but wanted to 'do something'.
If I painted her face, putting on hair later could be problematic. So this was good practice. I decided not to use my 'good doll hair' and repurposed a knitted hat that never really fit me well. That curly black yarn feels so springy and delightful on her head!!

I also did some 'guts' this morning of wire--no guts, no glory!!

See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW! She is already amazing and the process is very very interesting to see unfold! Thanks for allowing us to witness that!

    ReplyDelete