Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes it really IS the small things that count

Like, for instance, toes. Toes and how they attach to a doll's foot are
a strange manipulation. The foot is sewn in profile so the heel can
stick out in an anatomically correct way. The toes are sewn across
the tops so they are...well, toes! Then the two are sewn together.

Here's where it gets murky. The toes' seam is one way and the foot seam is
another and I'm sitting there, after turning them, trying to devise how I'm
going to sew them together without sewing my own skin to them... and muttered 'how do they expect me to do this'. This caught James' attention
and he ambled over and was speaking stuff I was not really listening to
that attentively, something about 'sewing it before turning it', but I was so absorbed at trying to SOLVE this conundrum.

About ten minutes later I exclaimed "I have it... you have to sew them together BEFORE you turn them!". Thrilled. James looked at me and
said, "That's what I said already". Well, you know, he DID. So I am
here to tell you He solved it before me. He really did. Congratulations, James, I love you!

And no, this isn't sarcastic. I truly am grateful. It's the small things that do, indeed, count. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment