Friday, January 7, 2011

mmmkay. Here's the chenille being made for the owl's body

The Snowy Owl so far:

Making chenille.  This is a lot of fun. You stack 6 - 8 layers of cloth, in this case NOT my precious 'stash' cloth, but from various items of my linen closet which have outlasted their useful life on my bed.  Then you machine stitch them  on the bias at 1/4th to 1/2 inch intervals and then have FUN cutting them!!! whoooo! Then you clip open the channels made being very careful not to pierce the last 1 or 2 layers.  It doesn't look
like much at this point until you stick them into the washing machine and then tumble them dry.  Then they



become quite fluffy.  I love the texture and I may have a slight addiction to making chenille now. ;-D  The
brownish material for the outside of the wings has not been 'bloomed' yet.

Believe this or not, there IS an owl in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment