Friday, January 7, 2011

Ok. So I figured out I needed to have one of these blogs finally

Today is the first day of the rest of my blog. 
I am concurrently working on three projects, one of which is due by the end of January.

I am specializing lately in manipulating fabric (as opposed to 'real' quilting--mainly because my
mind, heart and hands are too 'unruly').

I hope you enjoy this process.  I'll try to be diligent in my updates.

The number one project started way back in September when I was admiring a bowl of apples on my
table and thought to myself it would make a great design for a table runner.  I have the pictures I took
so far about its progress somewhere in gmail.  I'll dig them out when I can.

The number two project also started materializing in the fall. I had some vague sketch drawn of ginkgo
leaves falling with a darkish background.  I decided they would be best shown in a quilted form.

These are the pictures so far:



The blue crazy quilt foundation background is about 18 x 15 inches.  The work so far entails about 12 hours
work... and they are hand pieced and hand sewn.


Project number three is a doll challenge from Gritty Jane's site (I'll link in when I get the hang of the technical
stuff).  They decided to unleash the creativity of the dollmakers and challenge us to make a Winter Fantasy
doll.  Well. Let's just say I decided to make a Snowy Owl being ridden by a benevolent fairy-type being.
I'm making my own chenille to use in the owl's body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment