Monday, January 10, 2011

Side-tracked twice. You know how that is....

When you have quilter friends, they TEMPT you with projects they found.  And when that happens,
your OWN desires draw you out, till you cannot stand it and you HAVE to do something about it.

Case in point:   my very good friend (she knows who she is) sent me a pattern for a mousie pincushion.
I let it sit on the backburner for days.  I also mentioned it as a possibility to make for tea party favors
for our own local quilting group.   Well... after doing a ginkgo and having to snip it out because I hated
it, I decided to take the side road and make the mousie to just have some fun.

THEN!!! she comes up with a scheme to make a yo yo bag!!! http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=www.craftstylish.com/item/9596/how-to-make-a-yo-yo-handbag  Geez... now you all know how I love my yo yos, so this gets me all twitterpated.  I show her Dharma Trading Co. for purse blanks... she comes up with this:  http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/5287106-AA.shtml?lnav=clothing.html  This really gets up my fabric manipulation lust! So she prevails upon me to do the plan for how much material she needs (of course this is for me, too)  The bag blank is in the mail...  and I may embellish with yo yos a ruana my sister-in-law gave me for Xmas with the same fabric I decide upon for this yo yo bag.  You see where I am
going with this... (the best-laid plans of mousie pincushions and women and, and YO YOs!!!!!!)



.

*Huge cleansing breath*  That all said, at least I got one more ginkgo done toward my arty quilt project
and I'm liking it. 

2 comments:

  1. Well finally! I am here thanks to your two emails...btw, I do that a lot too! Now I will go back and read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! I know I will find much inspiration here!!

    ReplyDelete