Monday, March 28, 2011

So, Today's the day to mail her off

Look what someone wrote on my wall at the doll site:

"She is so sweet! Your granddaughter is going to be so happy!
Love it that you created her from recyled items!! I think it is OK to feel blue about sending off what is a part of yourself. I would like to share a quote with you that might make this clear.
Dolls with Soul by Hilegard Gunzel
"Doll Artist aim to produce dolls which are the mirror of their souls. A doll produced with this intention is never a cold and lifeless object. It may show mistakes and defects in proportion and workmanship, but it "lives".
I keep this by my work desk as a little reminder. I really hope Makayla treats her doll like the treasure she... is as a part of her Grandmother."
-- Ellen
(I made her socks longer, and fussed a bit more)

No comments:

Post a Comment