Monday, March 14, 2011

I have been busy

Last week, the most amazing parcel arrived at my house.  It weighed 53 lbs and was crammed full of silk
douponi which was appliqued with silk velvet and embroidered with silk thread.  It was a gift to me from
my sister-in-law, Kate, who decided her new home in Florida did not need those drapes anymore. 
I am over the moon, it's the most glorious cloth I have held in years and I've been deconstructing it to make
draperies for my own home.  There, are, of course, snippets here and there for dolls' clothes!!!

I also have cut out and stuffed   Callie, and finished painting the child doll's face, Prissy...
and made her wig and am in the process of making a white muslin horse as realistic as possible for a
future doll challenge--Lady Godiva.

I have made some frilly black camisole and brazillian panties for Geneva, too.  Pictures will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment