Saturday, July 9, 2011

OK!!! Here's Fern, my Hoffman Challenge Doll, 2011

First off, this is all Liz's fault for even showing me how to do yo yos.  Then, it's Mary B's fault for telling me
about the Hoffman Challenge, a yearly event where quilters, sewers and doll makers can enter an item made
from the challenge fabric.  Here's a link: http://www.hoffmanchallenge.com/entry_rules.html 

So I purchased the cloth and set about creating Fern.  She's my own original design, no pattern used. She's
got a wooden bowl, inverted and covered in velvet upholstery fabric and batted.  Then she's seemingly balanced on a 12 sided "soccer ball" made of 12 different shades of silk taffeta or dupioni, which is also stuffed... Then she's made of the challenge fabric as  her sleeves and pantaloons.  She's wearing a hat over
her Sulky cotton thread hair, has a  cloth over clay head, a stuffed cotton body and a silk body suit.  And!
note her little gold lame` ballet slippers!!!  I hope she gets chosen to travel.  I would love that.  But the main thing is, she's made and on time!  *mwah*

No comments:

Post a Comment